The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Don't forget to pray for yourselves!

Go down

Don't forget to pray for yourselves! Empty Don't forget to pray for yourselves!

Post by Susan Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:12 pm

I was reminded this week, that it is imporatant for us not to forget to pray for ourselves. We often pray for others, but forget ourselves in prayer. It is not a selfish thing to pray for yourselves. Just like we wash the outer PHYSICAL BODY, we need to cleanse the inner SPIRITUAL SELF. We need to pray for our SPIRITUAL CLEANSING, to make sure that we have no unconfessed sin, hindering our WALK with the LORD. Becomming a CLEAN VESSEL that HE can use, means that we need to be mindful of our own shortcomings. This week, I have been reminded of some of my own shortcomings. I PRAISE the LORD, for these things being brought to my attention, and I have given these things over to the LORD. I ask HIM to help me, to remove anything that becomes a hindrance in my WALK, with HIM, so that my TESTIMONY is FOCUSED on HIS LOVE, instead of my selish needs.

We all need to face it, we are still in this human fleshly body, and we are all carrying excess baggage, that should be left at the LORD'S FEET. Please, say a little prayer today, for yourself. Ask the LORD if there is any unconfessed sin, or baggage, that you need to get rid of. Listen for HIS answer, and make sure, to confess these things, to HIM.

JESUS Is a wonderful example. HE often prayed that the FATHER'S WILL would supercede HIS own will. There are many other examples we can find in the WORD, about praying for ourselves...

We can use Psalms 51, as an example of PRAYER:

Psalms 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Don't forget to pray for yourselves! Empty Re: Don't forget to pray for yourselves!

Post by Susan Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Dear FATHER, create in me, a clean heart. Let my heart, be YOUR HEART, so that I am a VESSEL, that YOU can FULLY use. Remove all sin and hinderances from me. LORD, let this be according to YOUR WILL, for me and I ask that I be daily HUMBLED before you. There is nothing in or of myself, that makes me worthy, except for JESUS. Thank you for sending the HOLY SPIRIT to dwell within me, and for the GUIDANCE of the HOLY SPIRIT, in YOUR WORD, and in ALL TRUTH. FILL me with YOUR LOVE for the lost and dying world. Thank you FATHER, for LOVING me, even though I was a sinner. Thank YOU for YOUR GRACE and MERCY upon me. Let my hands, be YOUR HANDS. Let my feet, be YOUR FEET. Let my eyes and ears, be YOUR EYES and EARS. Let the words of my mouth, be YOUR WORDS. LORD, guide me in ALL THINGS, that GLORIFY YOU. In JESUS PRECIOUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down