The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

JESUS, our HIGH PRIEST

Go down

JESUS, our HIGH PRIEST Empty JESUS, our HIGH PRIEST

Post by Susan Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Last night at Church, our Pastor was reading in Hebrews. He was so excited. It was Hebrews 10, and it is talking about JESUS!

Hebrews 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. 19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

In Verse 10, it says: That HE taketh away the first.

Strong's lexicon for the word, away:

1) to take up, to lift up (from the ground)

a) to take up for myself as mine

b) to own (an exposed infant)

2) to take away, abolish

a) to do away with or abrogate customs or ordinances

b) to put out of the way, kill slay a man

Stong's lexicon for the word, first:

1) first in time or place

a) in any succession of things or persons

2) first in rank

a) influence, honour

b) chief

c) principal

3) first, at the first

We understand that "away with the first", is talked about in Hebrews Chapter 8, and he is expressly talking about the first covenant, being put away, in order that the second covenant can complete it!

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

From this passage, we can see that JESUS is now our HIGH PRIEST, seated at the RIGHT HAND of the FATHER, and awaiting HIS ROLE, in DEFEATING the enemy. All these things are done, for us! HE ALONE, has made us SANCTIFIED.

Strong's lexicon for the word, sanctified:

1) to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

a) consecrate things to God

b) dedicate people to God

3) to purify

a) to cleanse externally

b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul

We are cleansed through and through, because of the BLOOD PURCHASE JESUS MADE! The WORD says this is ONCE and FOR ALL! There is no need for any other Priest to make daily sacrifices on our behalf, because JESUS took care of the problem. I can see why my Pastor was EXCITED about the message last night! I am EXCITED too!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down