The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Psalms 23 and the names of GOD

Go down

Psalms 23 and the names of GOD Empty Psalms 23 and the names of GOD

Post by Susan Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:17 am

A good Pastor and Theologian, Dr. Leo Crofford, who also heads Gateway Christian Schools,in Memphis TN; has written many great BIBLE Studies over the years. I was blessed to be able to receive some more of his informative BIBLE Studies, and one in particular; caught my attention. Maybe, it is because it includes one of the most favored Psalms, and also it is the Title Inspiration, for this forum. What I found was that this Psalms may be a favored Psalms, because of the relevance of GOD'S NAMES, are indeed found within the verses. It is GOD INSPRIED, and is PROOF, that the LORD we serve, is a DIVINE BEING and the ONLY TRUE and LIVING GOD. For me, it also proves that the BIBLE is the INSPRIED WORD of GOD, penned by men, but lead to write, by the LORD HIMSELF. HIS WORD is INFALLABLE. AMEN! No other book, can claim the POWERFUL MESAGE contained in its pages!

Now, on to Dr. Crofford's study:

Names of GOD: JEHOVAH Combinations and Psalms 23

JEHOVAH is the personal name of GOD. In the KJV, it is written LORD. It is connected with HIS WORD of REDEEMING and DELIVIERING. See 2 Chronicles 18:31. It empahsises HIS SELF-EXISITENCE Exodus 3:14,; John 8:58. It assures GOD'S PRESENCE with HIS people. Exocdus 3:12

The NAMES in SCRIPTURE

Eight combinations can be illustrated in Psalms 23.

1. JEHOVAH-JIREH means THE LORD WILL PROVIDE. See Genesis 22:14. After the Angel of the LORD pointed to the ram to use as a substitute for Isaac, Abraham named the place, JEHOVAH -JIREH.

2. JEHOVAH-RAPHA, means , THE LORD that HEALETH. See Exodus 15:26.

3. JEHOVAH-NISSI means THE LORD is my BANNER. See Exodus 17:15 Moses gave this name to an alter after the defeat of the Amakekites.

4. JEHOVAH-SHALOM means THE LORD is our PEACE. See Judges 6:24

5. JEOVAH-SABBAITH means THE LORD of HOST. See 1 Samuel 1:3. This is a military term that pictures JEHOVAH as the COMMANDER of ARMIES in HEAVEN, as well as, the Armies of Israel. See 1 Samuel 17:45.

6. JEHOVAH-RA-AH means THE LORD is my SHEPHERD. See Psalms 23.

7. JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU means THE LORD our RIGHTEOUSNESS. See Jeremiah 23:6. Israel shall be restored to the Land of the PROMISE. Before this happens Israel shall receive CHRIST as their RIGHTEROUSNESS. See Zecheriah 12:10, 13:1; Romans 10:1-4.

8. JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH means THE LORD is THERE. See Ezekiel 48:35. When Israel is restored they will be assured the LORD is THERE.

Continued in the next post.

Last edited by Susan on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Psalms 23 and the names of GOD Empty Re: Psalms 23 and the names of GOD

Post by Susan Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:35 am

JEHOVAH COMBINATIONS and PSALMS 23

The names can be shown in Psalms 23 to fit the TRUTHS of this great PSALM.

1. "THE LORD is my SHEPHERD": "JEHOVAH-RA-AH"

2. "I shall not want": "JEHOVAH-JIREH" (THE LORD will PROVIDE)

3. "HE restoreth my soul": "JEHOVAH-RAPHA (THE LORD that HEALETH)

4. "HE leadeth me beside the still water.": JEHOVAH-SHALOM (THE LORD is our PEACE)

5. "HE leadeth me in the paths of RIGHTEOUSNESS.": JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU (THE LORD our RIGHTEUOSNESS)

6."I will fear no evil for thou are with me."" JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH (THE LORD is there [EVER PRESENT])

7. "Thou preparest a table befoe me in the presence of mine enemies": JEHOVAH-NISSI (THE LORD is our BANNER)

8. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.": JEHOCAH-SABBAITH (THE LORD of HOSTS).

We who are the sheep are the hosts. He is our LORD. It is often used in Isaiah and Jeremiah to remind GOD'S people that the LORD is their PROTECTOR and REFUGE. See Psalms 46:7, 11. he is the ONE who makes Psalms 23:6 TRUE for BELIEVERS.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum