The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits

Go down

Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits Empty Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits

Post by Susan Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits
    by Barbara Bradley Hagerty

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100597574
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits Empty Re: Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 pm

I have found because of the last few dacads where the public schools where teaching these theres as fact, that those that know enough about the bible, didnt want to stop being christian but didn't want to shack those so called facts they where brainwashed to believe in their schools. If the schools didn't get them by then, they would get them in colleges, goal to but out copies of themselves!
    I have noted to my self about Darwin's teachings are very much in the churches, and the the cause of this problem being they don't have anything else to believe that can be backed up as fact. Christ backed teachings, that are backed up by science to show the bible and our G-d as being true, instead they are filled with doughs and dumbed down so the not have the tools to even find out the facts.

I have focused on teaching my own child the facts, and as well as showing her what she would learn in schools, but to show her why they are wrong! Darwin isn't even prevent to be fact, each time the try to prove it, we find out later that it was "proven" by a lie!

I believe this is one of the reasons we have been sent to the church that we are now in. With in the first month of being here, there was a guess speaker that worked these lies right into his sermen!

My hubby talked to the groups of young boys in the young group at the church, many haven't given their lives completely over to Jesus because of these doughs, but one was existed about my hubby being there because His a a walking dictionary and brainy...so was about to give him some facts to bust up his faith, making him filled with joy to note that there is much more to G-d then what he thought!

Goal should be to bring our churches to know G-d as fact, and Darwin as fiction! Amen!

Back to top Go down

Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits Empty Re: Darwin Finds Some Followers In The Pulpits

Post by Susan Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:51 pm

AMEN! Ladyofvictory, I am glad your hubby was there, to set the record straight. This article reminds me of something that the WORD proclaims. The WORD tells us that will always be tares, among the wheat. Nowadays, I don't think so much about those that come into the Church as wolves in sheeps clothing; as I do about the LORD reaching them. So, this has become my prayer, when I come accross those within the Church that stir up strife and doubt. GOD is BIG enough to reach them, I know, because HE reached out to me, in my sinful state. He can turn around some extremely hardened hearts. AMEN! Pray for those in our midst, that think that we don't know the TRUTH of why they are there. Pray fo them, that they may be SAVED.

Another thing, is that we are a LIGHT to the world.

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

LadyofVictory, your hubby is being a LIGHT to those little boys, is a TESTIMONY of the TRUTH in the PASSAGE above. Have you ever thought about the day, when HIS LIGHT will be removed from the world? The TRUTH is also that, one day, that LIGHT will be removed and the world will be in total darkness. There won't be the INDWELLING of the HOLY SPIRIT, because the HOST (that is Christians) will be removed. We are slowly beginning to see this reality, and it is a startling wake up call for the Church, to be a LIGHT to all nations.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down