The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

What kind of dirt are you made of?

Go down

What kind of dirt are you made of? Empty What kind of dirt are you made of?

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:30 pm

WHAT is your dirt? Can the seed grow within you?

1. Are you like the dirt by the wayside and the birds come to devour you up your seeds?

2. Is your dirt like stony ground and the seed roots but soon withers?

3. Is your dirt full of thorns and the seed cannot take root?

4. Are you good fertile ground, inwhich the seed can re-produce and take root in?

Matthew 13:3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; 4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: 5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: 6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: 8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

What is the Mystery of the Kingdom of GOD?

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

Do you hear the WORD or are deaf to it?

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

The messge to believer's of GOD.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

The message to unbeliever's of GOD.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. 19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Answer to: 1. Are you like the dirt by the wayside and the birds come to devour you up your seeds?

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

Answer to: 2. Is your dirt like stony ground and the seed roots but soon withers?

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Answer to: 3. Is your dirt full of thorns and the seed cannot take root?

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Answer to: 4. Are you good fertile ground, inwhich the seed can re-produce and take root in?

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

May the LORD BLESS YOU in HIS WORD of TRUTH! Amen.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What kind of dirt are you made of? Empty Re: What kind of dirt are you made of?

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:31 pm

My Pappaw, was a farmer. He always said the red dirt in Mississippi was underlined by clay, and very hard to till through and you had to add a lot of fertilizer's to get a good crop! The roads were also dirt and rock, that had been pressed together by automobiles and tractors and such. Not much would grow there. Mammaw would try flowers and such by the postal box on the road, but until pappaw built her a wooden box, the flowers just wouldn't take root. He told me never to plant near the brair patches, cause the seed wouldn't grow. And he was always pulling rocks and stones from the planting area, cause the seeds couldn't get to the nutrients...and they would root for a short while and then dry up.

GEE, GOD said all this long before Pappaw did. It must be there is a GOD afterall!

Pappaw was a preacher also...and he understood the farming techniques to make his gardens grow. He used Biblical Proof in the Bible through out his lifetime too. His family grew as well! They had a total of 8 children and countless grandchildren and great-grandchildren! He said he liked the way GOD gave Abraham a blessing too....that his seed would be like the stars of heaven or the sand....countless.

I am so glad that Pappaw used a lot of fertilizer to have all of us as his heirs. Amen! Being a seed isn't a bad thing, but being good soil well that is just the best thing. When the seed meets fertile ground, things happen. Crops grow, and there is an abundance of produce to be consumed. I like that analogy don't you. Seed time and Harvest and in between is the good soil waiting to be used.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Genesis 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Genesis 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD, which am but dust and ashes:

Genesis 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:12 am

In Genesis 1:26, We are made in the image of GOD. Both male and female.

In Genesis 2:7, We are made of dust of the ground. We are alive because, GOD, breathed life into us and gave us a living soul.

In Genesis 3:14, GOD has given the serpent the pleasure of crawling in the very dirt, that GOD, made man out of!

In Genesis 3:19, GOD reminds man, that he must toil and sweat and plant food in order to eat. HE reminds us, that the very dirt we are made of is what we will plant and harvest from, and eventually, we too, will return to the dust of the earth.

In Genesis 13:16, In one of the earliest promses, GOD tells the man, Abraham, that he will produce offspting, that's numbers will be like the dust of the earth. Unable to put a number on it. Who really knows the number of mankind, up to this point? Only GOD knows!

In Genesis 18:27, Abraham recognises his lowly position of being human. He is bust dust and ashes, just as we all are.

In Genesis 28:14, GOD tells Abraham, that his decendents will multiply across the earth and will be blessed, just as every part of the earth, is made of dust. Mankind is also made of dust.

In closing:

Isaiah 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

The question in Isaiah is a question posed by GOD HIMSELF. GOD created everything. HE created you and I. We are made of dirt, that GOD created! Now, some scientists thinks mankind is made up of stardust. But the BIBLE clearly stated we are made of dust from the earth. A planet we live on! Can you imagine now, how important the dirt you are made of, really is? I hope so!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down